Buying your first car can bring so much excitement but with new cars comes fresh responsibilities.
With a good car, you can wave past your mechanics shop without any need to stop by, yet, how long you can stretch on that period depends on the way you take care of your car.
Now, taking care of a car goes beyond regular cleaning and oil change. It also includes good driving habits that are safer and healthier for your car. New or used, proper care will prevent frequent issues and problems related to cars.
Here is a maintenance tip which can help first-time owners keep their vehicles running smoothly and perfectly.
1. Take Care of the Papers: First thing you need to maintain is your vehicles compatibility with the government law. Your driving license is one thing that you shouldn’t leave at home when you’re hitting the road. Also, your certificate of roadworthiness and proof of ownership are papers you shouldn’t neglect.
Make sure you keep the paperwork updated and renewed as required. This will help you enjoy the ride and also be on the right side of the law.
2. Change your oil more often: Always check the level of your oil. Technically, oil and fluid must be changed within the period recommended by the manufacturer. You should regularly maintain the level of oil inside the engine. Use the dipstick to find if the level is below the lower level.
If the oil seems too sticky or sludgy, it is better to change it before getting behind the wheel. Clean and proper oil gives your car a better mileage and relives the engine of extra burden and stress.
3. Watch out for your tyres: Tyre maintenance is very important just like windshield maintenance. Always check for the treads.
If they seem too worn out, it is safer to replace the tires before taking your car to the roads. In order to get better fuel economy and handling, keep a constant check on the tyre pressure and wheel alignment.
Also, properly inflated tyres tend to keep a lot of troubles away from the engine of your car.
4. Take care of your Battery: Like any other battery, your car’s battery won’t last forever. However, proper care from day one can actually enhance its life and performance. Always keep the cables and terminals of your car’s battery clean.
You can do it yourself by disconnecting the cables and cleaning them with a wire brush. If the dirt is too stubborn to scrub off with a brush, use a mixture of baking soda and water to help scrape it off.
5. Drive Wisely: Don’t get too excited or overwhelmed behind the wheel. Driving habits are one of the greatest contributors to your car’s life and performance. Make sure you don’t accelerate too much or allow the engine to rev up excessively between the initial gears. Avoid destructive habits such as too many short trips and idling the engine.
At Import Your Car Nigeria (IYCN), we provide the platform for Automobile buyers to search, bid and buy new and used vehicles from major auction facilities in the United States and Canada.
We also arrange ground movement from the sales facilities to the port of exit and undertake all customs export processes.
And that’s not all, We ship with reputable shipping line to Lagos. Thinking of acquiring a car through us? You can send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +23408021-811-811